Hi there, I’m Heidi Raki of Raki’s Rad Resources. Heidi Befort has graciously invited me to do a series of posts for you on using research books to explore different countries. Last week, I wrote for you about Spain. This week, we are exploring England. With the Olympics happening in London this year, many people will be gearing up to learn a little more about this country.
Here’s a little information about England:
- England is located in South Western Europe. It shares a border with France and Portugal.
- England shares an island with Scotland and Wales
- English is the language now spoken by the majority of England’s citizens.
- Various forms of Christianity are practiced as the main religion of England.
- The capitol city of England is London.
I’ll be back next week as part of this ‘Learning About Countries Through Research Books series” with information about Greece. In the mean time, please feel free to stop by my blog, Raki’s Rad Resources, for more quality teaching tips and resources.