Hi there, I’m Heidi Raki of Raki’s Rad Resources. Heidi Befort has graciously invited me to do a series of posts for you on using research books to explore different countries. Last week, I wrote for you about England. This week, we are exploring Greece. With the Olympics happening this year, many people will be teaching about the Olympics, and since they started in Ancient Greece – why not take a stop there.
Here’s a little information about Greece:
- Greece is located on a peninsula in Western Europe. It shares a border with Albania, Bulgaria and Macedonia.
- Greece is the original home of the Olympic Games, which began in 776BC.
- Greek is the language now spoken by the majority of Greece’s citizens.
- Greek Orthodox Christianity is the main religion of Greece.
- The capitol city of Greece is Athens.
- Greece is considered the birthplace of Democracy.
I’ll be back next week as part of this ‘Learning About Countries Through Research Books series” with information about the Democratic Republic of the Congo. In the mean time, please feel free to stop by my blog, Raki’s Rad Resources, for more quality teaching tips and resources.